The Best Instagram Strategies for Small Businesses
Instagram is not only a free tool for small businesses, it is an extremely powerful one. There are 1.4 billion users on the photo-based social media platform who spend about 30 minutes every day scrolling through content. About 200 million Instagram users visit a business profile at least once a day, while 130 million click to learn more about businesses’ products and services.
Running a small business requires the ability to multitask and wear many hats. While large corporations have teams of people researching, posting and responding on social media platforms, small companies don’t always have the time to prioritize engaging on apps like Instagram. Unfortunately, this means that many small businesses miss out on the significant opportunities Instagram offers for building brand awareness, generating new leads, and even making sales.
If you are a small- or medium-sized-business owner and aren’t able to dedicate a lot of time to social media management, here are a few tips to help you keep up with the trends and get the most bang for your buck when you are able to post.
- Optimize the link in bio. Make sure you include a link in your Instagram bio that takes users to an important page of your website. This should either be your homepage, a marketing landing page or your shop/services page.
- Schedule your posts. Save yourself time and energy by scheduling your posts in advance. This will also ensure you are able to post consistently and produce fresh content for your followers. You can schedule posts through free features like Business Suite or upgrade to a paid post scheduler like Buffer or Hootsuite for a more streamlined experience.
- Interact with your followers. Consumers are more likely to purchase and promote brands that interact with them on social media. Set aside a day or two each week to respond to comments and questions so you can show your followers that you are active and engaged.
- Utilize videos and reels. Video “reels” and video posts are some of the most popular content on Instagram. Posting a video about your company, product, or services will give potential customers an experience of your brand that they can’t get through photos or text alone. Consumers are more likely to visualize themselves using a product or service when they see it in action via a video.
- Track your analytics. Instagram and other social media sites offer users data about posts, followers and engagement. By viewing your insights and analytics you will be able to gather useful information, such as which types of posts get the most engagement and when your followers are most active. This information will help you maximize your social media efforts.
Follow our blog for more digital marketing tips!